If you’re looking for world-class business education, the Indian School of Business is an excellent option. ISB offers a range of rigorous programs at its two campuses in Hyderabad and Mohali. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about ISB, from its history and campus locations to its fees and placement stats. So read on to learn more about this top-notch business school.
ISB was founded in 2001 by a group of business leaders and academics with the aim of creating a world-class institution that would nurture future Indian business leaders. Today, ISB is widely recognized as one of the best business schools in not just India, but also in Asia. The school has an impressive faculty consisting of experienced professionals and renowned scholars from around the world.
ISB’s programs are designed to groom students for success in today’s rapidly-changing business landscape. The school offers a one-year post-graduate program (PGP) as well as Ph.D., executive, and custom programs.
- In the Financial Times (FT) Global MBA ranking, ISB was placed first in India and fourth in Asia.
- In the Financial Times, Global MBA rankings 2022, the one-year MBA program (PGP) was placed #32 globally.
- In the Poets & Quants 2021-2022 rating of the top international MBA programs, ISB was placed #1 in India and #11 overall.
- Bloomberg Businessweek placed ISB #5 in the Asia-Pacific region and #1 in India for the best B-schools 2021-2022.
Learning, networking, entrepreneurship, and salary were all factors in Bloomberg Businessweek’s rating. ISB has ranked first in the Asia-Pacific area.
#2 in learning, #2 in networking, #3 in entrepreneurship, and #6 in compensation.
According to an ISB news story, it is India’s sole B-school in the top 25 worldwide business schools.
ISB has two campuses, one in Hyderabad and one in Mohali. The Hyderabad campus is spread over 45 acres and features state-of-the-art facilities like a library, auditorium, gym, and swimming pool. The Mohali campus, which opened in 2012, is located on 100 acres of land and also has world-class facilities.
Indian School of Business
Hyderabad, Telangana – 500 111
Ph +91 40 2300 7000
Indian School of Business
Knowledge City, Sector 81, SAS Nagar,
Mohali, Punjab – 140 306
Ph +91 172 459 0000
Contact details of ISB
- Website: www.isb.edu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Blog
- Contact: https://www.isb.edu/en/connect.html
- Founding schools
- Kellogg School of Management
- Wharton University of Pennsylvania
- Associate Schools
- MIT- Sloan School of Management
- The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- London Business School
Programs at ISB
ISB offers a wide variety of programs that cater to the needs of both Indian and international students. ISB’s flagship program is the 1-year MBA, which is designed for working professionals who want to make a career transition or accelerate their existing careers.
ISB also offers management, advanced management, and doctoral programs in addition to its flagship program. ISB’s programs are heavily focused on research and offer an immersive experience that helps students gain the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in today’s ever-changing business landscape.
ISB is also well-known for its strong industry connections and has a robust network of alumni who are eager to help ISB students achieve their career goals. With its world-class faculty, cutting-edge facilities, and commitment to excellence, ISB is one of the best business schools in India.
These are the programs offered by ISB
- PGP stands for Post Graduate Programme in Management (one-year MBA program)
This program has two deferred entries.
- YLP stands for Young Leaders Programme.
- EEO stands for Early Entry Option.
- PGPpro – Postgraduate Management Programme for Mid-Level Working Professionals
- PGPMAX – Postgraduate Management Programme for Senior Executives
- PGP MFAB – Post Graduate Programme in Family Business Management
Apart from these programs, ISB also offers Advanced Management Programs (AMP)
- AMPBA – Advanced Management Programme in Business Analytics
- AMPH – Advanced Management Programme for Healthcare
- AMPI – Advanced Management Programme for Infrastructure
- AMPOS – Advanced Management Programme in Operations and Supply Chain
- AMPPP – Advanced Management Programme in Public Policy
- FPM – Fellow Programme in Management
- EFPM – Executive Fellow Programme in Management
Eligibility for ISB programs
|Program||Academic qualification||Test required||Work experience|
|PGP||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification||GMAT/GRE score TOEFL/PTE/IELTS (if the medium of instruction was not English)||Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience|
|YLP||Bachelor’s degree||GMAT/GRE score TOEFL/PTE/IELTS (if the medium of instruction was not English)||No work experience needed, pre-final or final year students can apply. However, they need to gain minimum of 20 months of full-time work experience as of the PGP class start date|
|EEO||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification||GMAT/GRE score TOEFL/PTE/IELTS (if the medium of instruction was not English)||Less than 2 years of full-time work experience. You need to gain a minimum of 2 years of work experience as of the PGP class start date|
|PGPpro||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification||Not applicable||5+ years|
|PGPmax||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification||Not applicable||10-25 years|
|MFAB||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification||Business Admission Test (BAT)||Family business owners with 0-5 years of experience|
Here is the list of ISB fees for various MBA programs at ISB:
|PROGRAM||ADMISSION FEE||TUITION FEE + MEMBERSHIP FEE||SECURITY DEPOSIT|
|PGP||₹ 2,95,000||₹ 30,97,620||₹ 20,000|
|PGPpro||₹ 3,00,000||₹ 27,26,000||₹ 20,000|
|PGPmax||₹ 3,00,000||₹ 37,03,000||₹ 20,000|
|MFAB||₹ 3,00,000||₹ 39,38,000||₹ 20,000|
The placements for the ISB PGP class of 2022 were outstanding, with an increase in average salary of over 21% compared to the previous year. The average CTC offered was ₹ 34.07 lakhs, which was three times higher than their pre-ISB salary. Due to the pandemic, the entire ISB 2022 placement process took place virtually.
At the end of placement week, 270 companies set a record by making 2066 offers. Every student received two offers on average. Women students, who make up 39% of the total class, had a 41% share in the total offers.
ISB Class Profile
ISB’s one-year Post Graduate Programme (PGP) attracts top talent from a variety of industries with experience across functions. The Class of 2022 includes students from a variety of fields, including consulting, finance, healthcare, hospitality, legal services, marketing, technology, medicine, merchant navy, and defence. Many students have prior experience working across geographies. Despite their disparate backgrounds, they share a desire to take on new challenges and gain new perspectives. This fosters a healthy exchange of ideas as well as a rich classroom experience.
- Class size – 930
- Average GMAT – 713
- Average GRE – 313
- Gender diversity
- 62% male
- 38% female
|Work experience||Number of candidates|
|0 – 3 years||254|
|3 – 5 years||394|
|5 – 8 years||228|
|8 years and above||54|
ISB admissions process
The PGP and PGPpro programs have three rounds of admission, while the PGPmax and PGP MFAB programs have two.
You must submit your application online along with your GMAT/GRE score, required documents, essays, and recommendation letter (if applicable). ISB will contact you if you are shortlisted for a face-to-face interview. You will be admitted to ISB based on your profile, GMAT/GRE score, and interview performance.
|Program||Program Location||Round 1 early decision||Round 1||Round 2 early decision||Round 2||Round 3|
|PGP||Hyderabad, Mohali||September 4, 2022||December 4, 2022||January 29, 2023|
|PGPpro||Mumbai and Bangalore||May 29, 2022||July 31, 2022|
|PGPpro||Hyderabad and Delhi||January 30, 2022||May 29, 2022|
|PGPMAX||Hyderabad, Mohali||November 28, 2021||February 27, 2022||April 10, 2022|
|PGPMFAB||Hyderabad, Mohali||November 21, 2021||March 27, 2022|
ISB Application fee
|Program||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|PGP||₹ 5000||₹ 7500||₹ 7500|
|PGPpro||₹ 5000||₹ 5000||₹ 5000|
|PGPMAX||₹ 10000||₹ 15000||–|
|PGPMFAB||₹ 15000||₹ 15000||–|
The academic year at ISB is divided into eight terms of 1.5 months each, and you must complete 32 credits to earn an MBA. Here are the 3 phases:
- Core courses for the first three terms
- Fourth term – a crossover term consisting of core and elective courses.
- The final four terms consist of elective courses.
Digital Headstart Module (DHM)
To accommodate the changes brought about by COVID, ISB has replaced the first term with a 10-week Digital Headstart Module (DHM). DHM is made up of
- 4 quick-paced core courses
- Possibility of conducting independent research under the supervision of a faculty member
- Events for professional development and learning
- LEAD and O-week
- DHM will ultimately ease students’ on-campus experience, having already enrolled them in four core foundational subjects and providing ample opportunities for interaction and bonding.
There are five functional specializations to choose from (called Majors)
Finance, Operations, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and Leadership
ISB also provides industry specializations in fields such as healthcare, manufacturing, and information technology. You must select at least one functional Major and no more than two functional specializations. Optional industry specializations are available.
Each specialization has a mandatory elective that can be distributed in one or more terms. So, two or three courses are designated as mandatory electives, and if you intend to pursue a specific Major, you must choose one of the mandatory electives.
ELP is a short-term project that falls under the consulting umbrella. ISB typically solicits consulting projects from a variety of companies (both domestic and international) and distributes them to teams of current students who are interested in a specific sector or function.
The majority of ELPs at ISB arrive between the end of the second and the start of the fourth terms. Taking an ELP is the equivalent of taking a two-credit course.
- The first step is to put together a diverse team with a wide range of skills and experiences.
- After exchanging emails and experimenting with various combinations, a team of three to six people is formed.
- The team profile, the skill set of the members, and the execution plan must then be outlined in a brief document. This, along with the CVs of team members, is forwarded to the ISB team, which then compiles a list of shortlisted candidates.
- The selected teams then meet with the client, who makes the final decision.
- Students enrolled in the ELP must agree to certain deadlines set by the client and document them in a charter.
ISB has a large alumni network, with over 12500 graduates from all over the world. Current students have the opportunity to interact with alumni in their field of interest who can help them build their careers.
- Ankur Warikoo, Founder of Nearbuy, former CEO of Groupon India
- Neeraj Arora, Former Chief Business Officer of WhatsApp
- Shvetha Jaishankar, Entrepreneur, author, and model
- Namrata Brar, News anchor and investigative journalist, former US Bureau Chief for NDTV
- Viren Rasquinha, CEO of Olympic Gold Quest, former Indian Hockey Team Captain
- Manik Gupta, Founder of CVKey, former Chief Product Officer for Uber
- Sujayath Ali, Founder of ShopUp
- Nipun Malhotra, Social Entrepreneur and Activist
- Sriram Venkataraman, CFO and COO of Flipkart
- Ravinder Singh, Author and Speaker
- Dr. Charu Arora, Senior Product Manager, Reliance Jio Infocom Limited
- Dr. Dinesh Reddy, Associate Director, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory
- Namratha Agarwal, Manager, ZS
- Viren W Rasquinha, CEO, Olympic Gold Quest
- Atul Satija, Founder, N/Core, Give
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals
- Piyush Shah, Co-Founder, InMobi Group, and CEO, TruFactor
- Ajith Andhare, COO, Viacom18 Studios
- Alok Goel, Partner, SAIF Partners, and Ex CEO- FreeCharge
ISB admissions events
|Info-session||Date||Slot 1 Registration Link||Slot 2 Registration Link|
|PGP Info Session (Virtual)||4-Jun-2022||6:30 pm – 8:30 pm|
|PGP In-Person Hyderabad Info Session||5-Jun-2022||11:00 am – 1:00 pm||4:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Careers in Finance: Round Table Discussion with ISB PGP Alumni (Virtual)||8-Jun-2022||7:00 pm – 8:30 pm|
|PGP In-Person Delhi Info Session||12-Jun-2022||11:00 am – 1:00 pm||4:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Careers in Marketing: Round Table Discussion with ISB PGP Alumni(Virtual)||15-Jun-2022||7.00 pm – 8.30 pm|